Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

I was a little curious as to how I would enjoy Christmas away from my family, but I survived. Thanks to my parents sending Christmas to me and Travis being so sweet and taking me to Georgia. You wouldn't think there were many families like mine out there, but I now know otherwise. People who can enjoy an island covered with main dishes, then surrounding counters holding dozens of dessert dishes are people I can feel at home with. Travis calls his family loud. I like it. If someone isn't teasing someone else, a kid isn't pinching, biting or crying (guess that goes for the adults too...) then it isn't a family get together. We spent Tuesday night, Wednesday and then Thursday in Tifton, GA. It's fun to see and spend time where Trav spent the majority of his growing up years and get to know his extended family. Before we left we were able to have family dinner with them and hear his Granddad read out of Luke 2. That was the big thing I was going to miss other than just being with my family. I love to hear my dad read the story of Christ's birth. It's what makes it Christmas for me. We left Georgia and after the 4 hour ride back home to Florida I opened the presents my parents sent out. I really am spoiled with a wonderful family and am excited to see my parents on Sunday :)

4 comments:

  1. We missed you here. It's not the same without everyone around, but I'm glad you have someone there to share it with. Love you, see you real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you weren't here with us?



    j/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you survived. We are anxious to see you. Love, Pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I am glad to hear that it was a happy, if different, one for you.

    ReplyDelete