Sunday, November 29, 2009

Princess Tiana and due out dirties.


I met princess Tiana! It's been awhile, but I feel it noteworthy. Travis, Sarah and I went to the Magic Kingdom to see the new boat parade and ended up waiting in line to get out picture taken with the newest Disney Princess and her Prince. The show was impressive and it was adorable to see the few random people (old couples mostly) they let on the boat to wave hankies.

I'm starting to get the hang of things at work. In the morning I meet with my manager and she gives me my board- the paper that tells me what I need to do in each of the 16 rooms in my section. It was learned quickly that I do not want to see many blue "due out dirty," otherwise known as a checkout :), columns on my board. The other thing I don't like to see is pink "linen change" columns. I would take 16 white "occupied dirty" columns though! :) All I have to do is clean the bathroom, vanity area, make the beds, replace the towels, take out the trash, clean out the coffee maker and give more coffee, cups and glasses, dust, and vacuum. I have all the radios in my rooms set to my station and all so I can clean to music :) It is hard work, but I'm learning how to do it more efficiently, which is always a plus. Another plus is the tips I get. I made 48 dollars in tips the other day. That is almost as much as I made on my paycheck for the day. I have a greater appreciation for people who leave a dollar or two on their pillows. Or people that don't scatter their trash all over the room. I don't need a tip. It's not a tip position, but if you are going to trash the room everyday and leave poop in the shower, that's going to make your housekeeper fall behind in her schedule and she isn't going to have time to make you a towel animal. They are pretty cool.

4 comments:

  1. I saw Tiana there next to Travis, who is that other chick in the poofy dress on the left? How does she clean rooms in that outfit? Isn't it nice to appreciate the little things in life? Glad you are catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a whole book on towel animals you can have. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon. Look for something in the mail! Christmas is coming! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my eye on the mailbox mom! Does that mean I can't open it until Christmas? And that book would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be able to clean up your future house in no time flat! And towel animals? You will be the COOLEST mom on the block with those skills!

    ReplyDelete