Saturday, January 9, 2010

My thoughts on my first marathon

The time has come at last. In about 7 hours I will be running the Disney World Marathon. 26.2 miles of interactive fun and excitement :) I'm looking forward to challenging myself, and thinking of all of the ways I could have prepared myself better, but really, at this point there is no deathbed repentance. I could go into a big analogy on it but have to go to bed soon, so you are saved from listening to that. All that aside, I'm pretty ready mentally. I know I have it in me to finish the race. The fact that I get to run it with Travis is pretty special to me as well. It is an experience that forces us to see how strong we are and grow as a couple. He just texted me to remind me to drink water. What a good man :) So that's it in a nutshell. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm scared. But I'm mostly curious as to how it is going to be. My first marathon :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll be cheering you on while I sleep. Run steady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink plenty of water when you get up, eat breakfast, ride over, warm up, wait for it to start and as you run...that is why they have lots of honey buckets along the route. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Lindsea! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed! I will be anxious to see a race review in a day or two :)

    ReplyDelete