Saturday, March 6, 2010

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon

Ok, so it has been almost 2 months since we ran the FULL marathon here at Disney World and I'm getting excited to run another race. Travis keeps coming up with all of these marathons we need to do, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely tempted to run them. The next race I will run will be the Pig Jig 5K while we are home for Apple Blossom. It will be followed (hopefully!) by the Marine Corps Marathon (full 26.2 miles), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, EPCOT 1/2 (can't remember the name), then the Disney World 1/2 Marathon followed by the Disney World Marathon the very next day. It's called the GOOFY for a reason!

The Marine Corps Marathon has me very excited since the route includes various monuments in Washington D.C. It's a way to see the sights that you don't always get to enjoy. I am also looking forward to the Disneyland 1/2 marathon. Trying to get family to go for the weekend and run with us has proven a little challenging, but I'm still hoping! Janae, Rissa and Whit have all expressed their interest in going. It will be a lot of fun.... promise! If I am able to run a full marathon, anyone in my family is capable of finishing the 1/2. Most of them could kick my trash too. It will be fun! :)

The feeling of accomplishment after finishing a race like this is enough to make me want to do it again. And it's a wonderful family bonding time! Nothing says I Love You like running, sweating and going through a *little* pain... TOGETHER.

5 comments:

  1. If you want to push me into running it I will. We can have the eulogy already written out and the coffin sized. I support you in this endevor but will do so from the 4 wheeler carrying your "trash".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in darlin'! First weekend in September, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ALMOST make me want to run. Actually, every time I cheer Kurt on from a sideline and watch him cross the finish, I get this little "I want to do that!" buzz. Sadly, it passes after I jog about two blocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with dad. What is your trash? I could walk it in a few weeks. Would you wait?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes the 5th of September is the 1/2 and of course we would wait at the finish line for you mom :) I think you would surprise yourself at how well you would do. You can come down and do the 5K. you did about that when we walked around EPCOT all day!

    ReplyDelete