Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Such a great weekend!


It started at 12 am on Trav's birthday... The midnight showing of Eclipse! Believe it or not, it was his idea. We went to the midnight showing of New Moon as well, so I'm hoping we are starting a tradition :) One of our favorite things to do is to people watch. As you can see, there are a lot more men than you would expect.


The lines for the women's bathroom were ridiculous. But hearing the girls going crazy made me laugh enough, that it was ok.

One thing I don't have a picture of is Captain EO. Travis and I got to go to the Cast showing of Captain EO (Michael Jackson) with the media at 8 in the morning. Yes, we stayed up for the midnight showing of Eclipse and then woke up 4 hours later to go to the show. Happy Birthday Travis! You get only 4 hours of sleep! ha ha We were interviewed and even got to hold the big microphone :) Captain EO is one of the only rides I remember from the first time we went to Disneyland. I remember KC trying to grab the flying bat thing and how enthralled I was by the dancing... yeah.


After trying to nap a little, we rode Trav's bike over to Daytona Beach. It was a beautiful ride and I enjoyed it. Being in the sun for 2 hours wore Travis out, but he was a good sport. We had his birthday dinner (his second one, since we went to Ragland Road with Sarah on Monday to celebrate) at the Outback. we had some good bread and food.


This bridge had an incline so made it fun to ride on. Florida is very flat so I'm not used to hills on the bike. Also, it was very pretty to see ocean in both directions.


Ahh... I love it. We stayed 4 miles to the left. Also on the beautiful beach. One of my favorite parts of the trip was sitting out on the beach that night. It was a clear sky, lots of stars but no moon. Talking with Travis, the ferris wheel lit up down the beach, the whitecaps and the roar of the ocean, it was perfect. I wish a picture would have done that justice. A lot of my time was spent watching the ocean, which is one great thing about living in Florida.


One thing we didn't know (yeah, there is more than one thing we don't know...) was that the Daytona 400 was the same week we were there. We saw the trailers and semis all set up for it. Quite the experience! Maybe next year we will be able to go ;)


Since Destination Daytona (the Bruce Rossmeyer Harley Davidson complex) was close by we rode over there and spent time looking at bikes and accessories.


Posing with the bike on our way home. You will notice that I am wearing my swimsuit. It was my beach weekend attire. Traveling on a motorcycle means you have to pack LIGHT.


And here is Travis holding his new helmet. It matches mine, except for where mine has scratches all over it. I guess Travis couldn't tell them apart and felt the need to make them more easily distinguishable...

It was a great weekend. Even with Trav's phone mix up which led to him having no service. I can't wait to do more bike trips, but maybe next time we will have some cool seat cushions :)

4 comments:

  1. Back in my day it was the Daytona 500. Did they cut back 100 miles due to cap and trade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was actually the coke 400 race. the Daytona 500 is in february I guess. I did look it up though because I was confused as well. Glad you can comment again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like an amazing weekend... especially the part about sitting on the beach at night enjoying the lights. You are a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete