Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh, Show Me The Way To Go Home

I know it sounds very negative, but it is hard for me to feel at home in Florida, even after a year and a month. Between issues with the landlords, work and roommates, I feel like an inconvenience rather than someone people want around. It does not make me feel welcome and comfortable and more today than any other time in the last 13 months I have been here, I really, really wanted to be home. I am hoping that this is just a temporary test and soon I'll be able to live somewhere that I feel at wanted. I told you it was going to sound negative, but it has been my underlying feeling for awhile and circumstances today brought it to the boiling point. Thank goodness Travis was there to give me hugs and talk things through with. He even dressed up in my 1/2 Marathon costume to try to cheer me up.... Yes, I have a picture, but to save his dignity, I'm banned from ever showing anyone. He's a good boyfriend.

11 comments:

  1. I hope things get better for you Linds. I'm glad Travis cheered you up a little. You know my email to send the picture...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go anywhere yet, Lindz, I'm coming to visit you in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be here until January, at least. It depends on Trav's job situation and if we can even afford to live down here anymore. I'm looking forward to your visit Nick and looking at the Wide World of Sports to see if there is anything going on while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these grown up challenges fun? Makes growing up all worth it. At least your helicopter and plane didn't get lost in the same day. Gma Helen had to walk to school in 3 feet of snow, uphill both ways remember. Then there is your Ma, poor girl made one bad decision and look what she got stuck with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindz, there's a quote that being happy isn't always easy but it annoys enough people it's worth it. so even if you pretend to be extremely happy, it can be fun to annoy all those people :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Lindsea--we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You better add on my email when you send the picture to Rissa. :)
    I hope things start working out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsea ~ I love your honest posts. You have valid feelings and you don't sound negative to me. I've decided that life is difficult most of the time but we keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how slowly. You are an amazing woman. If need be, get extra (read: medical) help. Your sanity and happiness are worth that!! Lots of love coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you Linds. The extra bedroom has a queen bed. lol.....It is available. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
    — Gordon B. Hinckley

    This is what I think about when I am having a bad day. I will throw in an extra prayer for you! :)

    ReplyDelete