Saturday, November 13, 2010

Perspective

Today I'm feeling a little frustrated, ungrateful and sick. I was inspired by my mom's blog to counteract that......

I'm grateful for.....

Smells of fall. Even though it doesn't look or feel like fall here in Florida, I enjoy the apple cider spice air freshener from Bath and Body Works every time I walk in my room. It makes me happy.

Work that at least pays the bills (well, some of them). I don't love it and it's not where I want to be for much longer, but it's teaching me humility. Even if I am an awful learner. And it offers insurance, which will come in handy when I get married to a man that doesn't have any insurance and has some obsession with needing surgeries. No, that's not an announcement :)

Eternal Families. One of my favorite Hermanas (wasn't my companion, but lived with me for several months) from my mission had the funeral for her 3 week old baby boy today. If that isn't something to put your own problems and issues into perspective, nothing can. I'm grateful for the family I have now, the sacrifices they make to help me, and for any future additions I'm hoping to have in the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the perspective. It really does help to focus on the good instead of the bad - whatever we are looking for, we find.
    I hope your skies are brighter today!

    ReplyDelete