Monday, December 6, 2010

You've all been waiting...

Travis proposed to me using a game we like to play after we (His mom, sister and cousin were there too) ate Thanksgiving dinner. It is called Munchkin. Basically, it is played like this:
You draw a card on your turn, if it is a Monster and you defeat it you get to draw a Treasure card. Whoever gets to 10 first wins.
When it was my turn I drew a Monster card. I could tell it was homemade only because it smeared a little when I touched it :). It was "Bridezilla." Alone I could not defeat Bridezilla and had to have Travis help me. Upon defeating it I got to draw a Treasure card. The Treasure card ended up being a picture of us at the Salt Lake Temple printed on the card with "Happily Ever After" written on the top. He then got down on his knee and gave me his cute and slightly awkward proposal. It was very sweet! I think Sarah might have some more pictures/video of it somewhere. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that with beating Bridezilla, I won the game... Thanks Travis!!! :)


Side note:

Thanksgiving morning did not bring the snow and Turkey bowl that I am accostomed to, and since Travis was still at his house asleep, I was productive and made an apron from some fabric I had. I think it turned out really cute. I especially like the drawstring neckline and frills on the bottom...

5 comments:

  1. Very cute and I love the apron. Now that you have an apartment you can wear it to cook in your own kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative proposal - that's awesome! And I love your apron - that's very creative, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you :) I think married life is the best! Travis did a good job on the proposal. The apron is super cute! I'm impressed with your sewing talent. You reminded me of some marriage advice someone gave me at my bridal shower... will have to share it with you later though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gma Helen would be proud of your sewing talent. Can't believe DeA turned this into an X rated bloggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete