Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time with Mom


My mom is awesome!!! (Exclamation points courtesy of Travis). She took 4 days out of her Christmas break to visit me in Florida and help with wedding preparations. I loved it and always hate to see her go. We made some fun memories. I'll share a couple:

We went to the night church I go to since I work during the day. After convincing her that she could go in the Chapel even though she forgot her dress, (most people just get off work and are in their Disney costumes) we got to sing Mom's favorite Christmas song, Away in a Manger. We both were holding the hymnal and I noticed Mom stopped singing. I looked at her and found she was crying. Apparently feeling the need to explain it to me, she swung the hymnal up to cover our faces and knocked me hard on the forehead.... not very subtle! :) That just made me laugh harder, so we were crying and laughing in the back row. Not much singing went on the rest of the song.

Mom also got to see me try on my wedding dress during the alteration process. It was a part of the experience that I was missing and it made it seem more complete having her there.

Our main Christmas present from Mom and Dad was a new bed. I get to sleep on a real bed for the first time in over a year!!!! My parents are are definitely the best! I love that I don't ever need to worry about my parents supporting me. Between a wonderful family and handsome, sweet man (Trav wants me to clarify the handsome, sweet man is him), I am a very blessed woman.

6 comments:

  1. How did I know that mom would be crying when you said she stopped crying?? haha Can't wait to see you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsea ~ You are lucky to be able to share this experience w/ your mom. I was in D.C. while my mom took care of all the wedding prep in Utah. She was never able to visit me there. I wore my younger sister's wedding dress which I had never even seen. The altering was done on my youngest sister. I shared nothing of that time with my mom. I wish I could do things differently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Lindsea, we've learned to never ask mom if she is crying...But the most common question between Whit and I is "Are you crying?" haha..And most of the time we start crying more..I'm excited to see you in your dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you Lindsea! Good luck with all of your prep, and I am glad you had time with your awesome Mom, you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great memories. Can't wait for the 15th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed indeed. And I would LOVE to go to church surrounded by people in Disney costumes -- how cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete