Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday

After taking two days off in a row, I needed to get out for a while. I don't want to hurt my knee or hip, so decided to go for an easy 6.5 run/walk. I walked up most of the steep hills (which made up about 2 miles of that route) and ran the rest. My knee didn't start to act up until I hit mile 5, but even then it was just annoying rather than painful. The stretching exercises I have been doing and the new shoe inserts have made it so I don't have any problems with my hip anymore. I can only imagine how much better I will feel when my taxes come back and I can buy new shoes :) And I will be buying more than one pair! Unless my computer keeps insisting on acting up, in which case I will be getting a new laptop and only one pair of shoes. It was such a nice route though. I ran around Dry Lake to Banjo Creek Farms, along Wapato Lake, then looped around Roses Lake and ended up back at my house. It was the first time I have made that run and it was nice to mix things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment