Monday, May 25, 2009

My road trip week with Travis

I am hoping that blogging about my trip last week will be a way that I can live it again. Ha ha pretty sad, I know. It started out with me picking up Travis at the Spokane airport Monday night around 5:30 and then we drove to Pullman. Not even 20 minutes into the drive Travis got pulled over... in his defense, neither of us knew what the speed limit was and we were keeping pace with the old pick up in front of us. But either way, I thought it was hilarious :)

We visited with his friend Yelonda for a while and ended up leaving around 1 am to make the drive to Missoula. At about 6 or 7 am we pulled into the Motel 6 that I made our reservations at. They let us know that they canceled our reservations and sent us back up the road to another hotel. Thankfully we were able to get a few hours of sleep and rest before we headed back on the road for Yellowstone. Travis was awesome and drove all day. We stopped to take pictures at several signs, a patch of snow, and of some "moose" on the side of the road. Sadly, we got to Yellowstone right before dark and wouldn't have made it to Old Faithful by nightfall, so decided to continue on to Rexburg instead.

Travis had a few places he wanted to see in Rexburg, starting with the Wal-Mart, Taco Bell, and the BYU-Idaho campus. We took our pictures with the BYU-I sign and then swung by my old apartment to show off "Tuskanky."

This was the long road trip day, because we drove on down to Logan to visit his friend Kim. We stayed there for a couple days while Travis was sweet and patient and set up her computer. The second night there we all went out mini golfing and that was an adventure with spilling milkshakes and slow walkers. It was fun though :)

The next stop was to see Harmony in Lehi, Ut. She had to go to work so Travis and I had a few hours of time to enjoy together not traveling. It was spent at the MTC, Provo Temple and Provo Canyon. It was quite possibly, my favorite part of the trip.

We played some Mariokart and I was entertained with them playing Guitar Hero later that night.

Friday morning we went down to see Travis' cousin Cory and his son. It was nice and relaxing and I got to play with 15 month old Derek. He is Rock's age, so it was extra fun for me. Not to mention the fact that he preferred me over Travis ;)

We left Salem and headed to Maggie Moo's for ice cream with some of my family. It is my new favorite ice cream place. Grandpa, Grandma, Beckie, Doug and Kelse showed up and we had a good time. Everyone was very impressed with Travis, which didn't surprise me at all.

After ice cream we met up with Rachel and went to Temple Square. I enjoyed walking around the grounds and taking pictures. Then we went to Star Trek and I managed not to cry during the first 5 minutes. A HUGE accomplishment!!

Saturday morning came way too soon and I was not full of sunshine and rainbows as I sat in the passenger's seat to drop him off at the airport. I am very grateful for this past week and the time I had to spend with Travis and get to know him better, but I will be even more thankful when we don't have the airport goodbyes.

Now I'm looking forward to the next trip!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to pack so much into a short trip. Did you ever sleep?
    What's the next trip? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night. I am still recovering but it was well worth it!
    The next trip includes me going out to Florida to see him again. I'm just waiting for money :)

    ReplyDelete