Sunday, July 26, 2009

Part 1



I have a lot to catch up on...

First of all, Rock is back in Iowa and his little brother/sister will be here in the beginning of March. Another niece or nephew to love!

The other news is that I got back from Florida this last Friday morning at 3 something from seeing Travis. It is bittersweet. Still being on my high from being able to be with him for a whole week, I was very happy, but the thought of not being able to see him for another month left me aching. I'm not a fan of this long distance stuff, but all things happen for a reason, and I feel like I am learning and growing from it. But back to the trip!


I worked a ten hour shift Thursday night until 2 a.m. and then went home, showered and finished packing. My dad took me to the airport in Wenatchee at 4 a.m. What a sweet dad :)

I then went from Seattle to New Orleans with a stop in Denver. That was where Travis called and told me that he had to work our last full day together. That was not what I wanted to hear at all, since that was the day we were going to spend at the beach, but it makes no sense complaining of something you have no control over. I spent the trip to Florida convincing myself that it was all going to work out well, and I need not have worried.

Seeing Travis finally had more of an effect than I was expecting. He makes me nervous- the good kind- and comfortable at the same time, and a net full of butterflies were flying around. I missed that man.

We left straight to Georgia from the airport and got to his mom's house around 2 in the morning. The next day was spent meeting Travis' cousins, grandparents, and an aunt and uncle or two. I am happy to report only a couple awkward moments when his grandma asked me if Travis had popped the question yet and then proceeded to tell him he should get on a knee right there. It was entertaining at least lol. Trav also got his motorcycle. Yes, that makes me nervous, but I know he can take care of himself and be smart. I'm excited for when I get to ride around on it with him...in the parking lot :)

After making it to the last few minutes of church the next day, we spent more time with his grandparents and then headed out of town. His grandpa reminded me so much of my own grandpa Leo and when he gave me a hug, it was just what I needed. I didn't realize how much I miss my grandpa. I'm very glad we were able to make that trip and that I was able to meet his mom that I have heard so much about.

Travis rode his motorcycle all the way back to Orlando while I was in the car with Sarah. It was stressful for me to see him in the mirror and then see all of the other big cars around him, but we all made it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment