Thursday, July 30, 2009

Part 3




A couple hours really meant a couple days :) Once Travis and I got to the beach, we scoped out a good place to leave our stuff and after taking a few pictures, went out into the water. Anyone who knows me, is aware that I am not fond of swimming in deep ocean water. I leave that area to the sharks. They need their space to be happy. But Travis decided that he could play the macho man role, and carried me out (in the very buoyant salt water) to the buoys that you weren't supposed to swim past. Quite the man I'm dating. We enjoyed the waves out there for about 40 minutes and it was nice not having to do any work besides hug Travis. Did I mention that we were on a sand bar so he wasn't doing TOO much work either? ;) We watched the sunset in the water and after trying to get dry went to Panda on the way home. See a pattern here? I enjoyed our talk on the way back to the hotel as well as the yummy orange chicken. The next morning Sarah got me in on a tour that she was doing on the Segways. Super fun! After some training we went around Epcot and toured the different countries while learning about them. I recommend it to anyone who has the money to do it :) Then came the moment I was waiting for.... Seeing the room at the Boardwalk. Travis wanted to take me, so on his lunch break we met, went to the concierge area for some food, then went to the Garden Suite. Or something like that lol. It was gorgeous! It had a little garden and a white picket fence and a main room with couches, kitchenette, bathroom and tv, with a big loft with a bed and huge bathroom. The bathroom had one of the biggest bathtubs I have ever seen and a shower. It was by far the nicest room I have ever stayed in! After Travis got off work on Wednesday we got ready to go out to dinner at the Artist's Point in the Wilderness Lodge. It was fantastic! I loved the food and being able to look at my sweetheart all dressed up with the beautiful scenery behind him was pretty amazing too :) I had the buffalo with goat cheese polenta and Trav had the cedar plank king salmon. My dinner was delicious, but I wasn't so fond of his. He seemed to enjoy it though ;) Dessert was double chocolate cheesecake (divine!) and berry cobbler. I ate way too much of both of these desserts. Travis would agree with me, since I ate his dessert as well lol. Not very ladylike, but definitely a feminine thing to do since it was chocolate :) After dinner we walked and took a boat ride to the Contemporary. It was at sunset again and was a time I really enjoyed even though the boat was filled with many people. We walked to the Polynesian and sat on the boat dock to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks. It was sweet and romantic and I completely enjoyed it. Back at the hotel we went swimming again, with Travis pulling me around. I sure like swimming with him too! It was an amazing evening and I'm glad I was able to spend it with him. He spoils me, and yes it is ok to spoil me :) I needed that time with him and am thankful for it. The next morning we went to.... yep, Panda. And then headed over to Characters in Flight at Downtown Disney. It is a big balloon that you go up in and look over Disney. It was another fun time with Travis. Afterwards we walked around and checked out the Harley Davidson store, found us some nice things we didn't buy, and the Ghiradelli's Chocolate store. Love that store. I got some hot chocolate that I have already enjoyed back at home. Going to the airport wasn't very much fun for me. It never is fun to leave or let him leave me. I get so used to being around him and having him there, that it feels like there is something missing when he isn't. It was the trip I needed to have, changes in plans included. I know I am blessed to have him and am grateful for the way he treats me. I am even more grateful for the fact that this next time I go out to Florida, it will be in my own car, to stay. None of this saying goodbye for months at a time stuff. Finally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment