Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Florida Life


I've had many questions about how I am doing now and what I am up to here in Florida. I'll start with when my dad and I got here. It was Saturday at 8 am that we pulled up to the house. It is a nice house in a very nice neighborhood where the streets are TINY!! I look out my window and I see trees and a lot more trees. If I can't have mountains, these trees are my perfect view :) Five minutes away from Disney World and I have trees outside of my window. Amazing.

My dad and I took a few minutes to look around at my room and then took naps until early afternoon. I am renting part of an upstairs from a married LDS couple whose kids are grown up and moved out of the house. My part is separated by a temporary wall, which turned out to be one of those orange dividers from church kinda things, and a door. And my part contains a bathroom and closet. I was hoping to put a mini fridge in to store some beverages or something, but that idea got shot down by the landlords, so I have a drawer in their fridge to keep things cool. Yes, I'm still a little bitter about that, but oh well. It isn't the best place I've ever lived, but it sure isn't the worst either. It has a lot of perks to it. Like a community pool :)

Dad, Travis and I went to dinner Saturday night at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. We got a table right on the water and I'm afraid Dad wanted to sleep instead ha ha. I really enjoyed it and I was glad Travis was able to meet Dad and vice versa. After that Trav took us to the Boardwalk where he works and let us see the Presidential Suite. It was awesome and very expensive to stay there.... so I never will.

Taking Dad to the airport was not so much fun. One, because it was at 430 in the morning, and two because my comfort zone was leaving me. Thanks to the long drive and an extreme lack of sleep, I slept through all three of my alarms for church so spent the day unpacking. I met up with Travis later and he showed me around some other areas and how to get to the temple. The Orlando Temple is gorgeous! It is a smaller temple, but looks like one of the bigger ones.

I decided I needed a couple "adjusting" days so I wouldn't get home sick and spent them with Travis, since they also turned out to be his days off :) We went to a beach on the East coast with his sister Sarah and a couple of their friends from out of town and then ate at a place called Breakers where you are still on the beach. I love that I am close enough to both coasts to enjoy them :)

Now that I know I love Florida and spending time with Travis on a day to day basis, I am searching more to find a job. I went to the Casting building for Disney today to check on my application. It is an Argyle building. Yes. Argyle. I should have taken a picture!

Life is good. I am happy and having faith that I will find a job if I work hard at applying myself to doing that. Time to go hem my interview pants...

1 comment:

  1. Even without a mini fridge, it sounds like a sweet set-up to me... five minutes from Disney World? Driving distance to the coast? Able to see your fella every day? You lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete