Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lizards


Since I arrived here, lizards have been my constant companion outside. They are every where!! I walk into the house and I have to watch to make sure I don't step on three or four that cross in front of me. I really don't mind the little critters though. I'm very glad they aren't spiders...

The house I live in is very secure. The doors and windows are always locked, and there is an alarm system. I should know because I set it off the first night...

Side note: every night when I get home I have a routine to avoid setting off the alarm. Before I unlock the door, I take my shoes off and put them in my purse, put my phone in my pocket and after unlocking the door I run to the kitchen where the alarm pad is to enter the code. Lady like? Definitely not. Does it work? No alarms have been going off since Saturday :)

So in all of that security, I realized it would be a little difficult for a burgler to make his way inside. What I didn't think about was how it would be for a lizard to make its way in. Getting home from running errands today and walking through the kitchen I saw him. And I came to a realization that it wouldn't be the last time there was a lizard in the house.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm... not sure how I would feel about lizards in the house. Outside is okay, but thinking that one might be in my shoe or crawling across my pillow... but I definitely agree that they are better than spiders!
    (come to think of it, they probably eat the spiders!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course you don't mind them, you had one for a pet for a few years. Of course it was in a cage but it was big! Good luck. Be careful, be safe, be happy!

    ReplyDelete