Friday, September 11, 2009

Iowa

I'm waiting for my dad to bring my car back from the shop. The brakes were making grinding sounds when we went down steep hills, so we wanted to get it looked at. They were supposed to be finished by eight this morning, it is now past eleven. Go figure.
The trip is going well. I've had fun with Rock, DeAndra and Aaron although it would have been nicer to have more sleep and energy so I could have played more. My batteries died too early in Rock's opinion :) Driving through the night will do that to you.
Tonight we were planning on going through Georgia and hopefully push past Atlanta. I'm not sure how or if we will actually do that now that our travel time has been delayed, but I do know this: I NEED SLEEP!! ha ha ha I am exhausted and can't sleep in the car. Which means I have to try a lot harder to be cheerful and happy... My poor dad.
Rock has been quite the entertainment. He knows he is cute and funny and loves to turn the tv off so he can once again become the center of attention. He loves giving kisses and for a second he even brushed my hair this morning :) I'll miss him and his parents.
When we were driving through the longest state ever, yes that would be Montana, we saw a plethora of deer. It was crazy how many were eating on the side of the road and didn't care that we were driving past. There were some bucks with HUGE racks right outside my door. I learned I never wanted my car to break down in Eastern Montana. I think those things would eat me!
Another thing I learned was that you shouldn't hit a skunk "dead center" as my dad would say, with the driver side wheels. You also should not hit another skunk fifteen minutes later with the passenger side wheels. Every time you slow down, you will smell skunk and the guys that work on your car the next morning won't be very happy with you :) Maybe that's what is taking so long. They had to wash it first.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the deer where giving you dirty looks because you ran over their friends... remember how much Bambi liked Flower? :) I am glad your dad is along to make sure everything is ok with the car. Where would we girls be without our dads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is going on now? How are we doing? Info please!!

    ReplyDelete