Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm happy.

My mom texted me this morning and asked me if I am happy. I realized I didn't have to think about it and the answer came immediately. YES! I am happy. Occasionally I will think about how it is harvest time at home and how the leaves will be changing soon. The four seasons are wonderful and fall might be my favorite. I spent some time smelling candles today to catch the scent of apples and cinnamon. I think of what my family members are doing and how much fun it would be to spend time with them. And I miss it. But it is okay to miss home. It would be a sad thing if I didn't.

The fact that I am where I know I should be makes everything ok. The realization of how happy I am here stuck with me throughout the day. I have been very blessed with an amazing boyfriend, an interview with Disney (it's something!!) and housing that I am more grateful for everyday.

Today my landmother (as Travis refers to her, don't worry Mom, she is not going to replace you) asked me to watch Twilight with her. I can tell that she needs a friend and is lonely a lot. She spends a lot of time in bed because of fibromyalsia, but she can tell stories and talk. It was nice for me too.

Tonight Travis and I went to dinner and had a laid back evening. I like those. When we would be able to see each other before we would always try to pack in as much as we could to our week and not have much down time. Those weeks were really fun and I wouldn't have changed them, but the day to day stuff is more real. I enjoy his sweet strength, how he can talk about anything for hours but also let there be moments of silence and reflection. He makes me laugh.

I'm not sure how things are going to pan out financially still, but I'm working on figuring that part out.

I've made a good choice to come down here to Florida. I'm very happy Mom :)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. I am happy that you are happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby is all grown up, talking so mature. I'm glad you are happy and won't replace me. I'm happy that things are working out. We're here if you need us. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete