Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Friends

I love it here in Florida. There are many fun things to do and see. The problem is that I need to find new friends to do things with and that is difficult when I can't go to church on Sunday because I have to work. I don't speak creole, so I can't communicate with over half of the people I work with, and most of them are older with families to keep them busy. I'm thinking of taking some kind of class or volunteering somewhere to help me with a social life. I don't know. I've started volunteering with the name indexing, but since that is on my own computer at home, it doesn't get me new friends, though it helps a lot with feeling productive. While Travis is wonderful and spends a lot of time with me, I can't expect him to spend every minute he has off work entertaining me. It's healthy to have a balanced life.... any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Go find a place that needs help with sign language and put some time in there........Travis probably can use a break for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also thinking Institute... another idea would be to contact your RS presidency and find out if there are any Enrichment (yes, I know, we aren't calling them that anymore) groups that you could go to. Maybe there is a group of ladies who meet to discuss books/scrapbook/cook/whatever that you could join up with.

    ReplyDelete