Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Work is work

One thing I've learned the last seven days as a mousekeeper at Disney World: It is some freaking hard work! It is doable though..... as long as my managers only give me the amount of rooms they are supposed to and not a bunch more like they tried to. Around 2 in the afternoon my feet start throbbing and I start moving slower than in the morning. One sad fact is that the first day my feet hurt the whole time, even after I went home. I woke up in the middle of the night and my first thought was that my feet didn't hurt anymore. It was exciting :) I'm gradually catching on to it and everything will work out.

In happier news I went to Mickey's Christmas party last night. I was exhausted, but couldn't help getting excited for the fun. We went on rides, our picture from Splash Mountain was awesome, and we watched a show and a parade. Not to forget some delicious food! It was a great night and I completely crashed. Now why am I up at 7:10 in the morning on my day off???

3 comments:

  1. The reason you are up so early on your day off is...you are planning all the fun things you are going to do when your Ma n Pa come visit. Ain't it fun to learn new things and appreciate the little things in life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mousekeeper? I love it!! I'm quite impressed with your attitude about the whole thing. My little girl is growing up so far from home. (Does Travis have something to do with this, I wonder?) Love you lots. Have a great day off, I know I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The aching feet part doesn't sound fun, but the party-perks sound great! And "mousekeeper" makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete