Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Pa


My dad is pretty awesome.


Who else could handle being the father of us six kids??


Flying has been a passion of his and it has blessed us with fun opportunities like the yearly fly in.


He encourages and helps us reach our goals.


He was a smart man and picked a beautiful, wonderful bride (mom for us!).


He is always willing to have fun and joke around with us.


And then takes care of us when we are hurting.


He is as good of a grandpa as he is a dad.


He teaches us compassion and charity by example.


And will go through hours of work so we can all enjoy the end result!


I don't remember more than a couple games my whole time growing up where I didn't have a parent at a game. Dad would always work things out to be there for us. Something that I took for granted at the time, but with 6 kids in various activities, I realize it required much sacrifice.


My dad is pretty awesome. I think it helps that he had a great example to follow.

Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Your Dad really is pretty awesome. I hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize I have no more money to shoehorn your way so this may have all been wasted. Thank you for realizing how wonderful your Ma is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You speak the truth. You are very lucky to have the dad you have.

    ReplyDelete