Thursday, June 24, 2010

Running with Travis


Running in Trav's subdivision, watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks started out fun, even in the 10 pm 86 degree weather. After I thought we had run 2 miles:

Lindsea: Travis, how far are we planning on going?
Travis: At least 2 miles.
Lindsea: What?! Haven't we run 2 already?
Travis: Nope. We have only run 1.14 miles.
Lindsea: UGH. I'm out of shape!

We ended up going 2 miles total (Trav would have gone farther but I ignored him and refused to add in the extra turns) There is a long road ahead of me but I'm determined to get back into shape and lose 12 pounds before the Salt Lake 1/2 marathon in September. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. It would be cool to have the fireworks to distract me from the fact that I would be running in that heat. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking Travis WAS the fireworks distracting you. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with your determination! I keep thinking about how cool it would be to get in shape so that I could run the pig jig with my family next year. And then I eat an ice-cream bar. :)

    ReplyDelete