Friday, October 2, 2009

Hancocks, Georgia and Disney





It has been a busy week! Sherry, Larry, Ash and TJ got here last Saturday and they invited us over to dinner on Sunday night. They made yummy barbecued chicken with cheesy potatoes and strawberry shortcake. It was delicious! Travis and I enjoyed the food and the company.

Monday morning Travis' coworker got me into Disney World for free and I met up with the Hancocks at the Animal Kingdom. We went on rides and fought the crowds in the heat. The Lion King show is amazing! It was awesome. Maybe one of my favorite things at Disney...

That night I left to Georgia with Travis after he got off of work. We were able to spend some time with his Mom and family, and I got some girl bonding time with his mom in too :) Nothing quite like bra shopping and manicures with your boyfriend's mom and grandma to liven things up!!


It was a fun, relaxing and productive trip. Travis' uncle Jim gave me a mini fridge that I convinced my landlords to let me use up in my room. It has helped out a lot already.

We got back Wednesday night and I went shopping with Sherry and Ash at the outlet mall yesterday afternoon until we went to eat at Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. It was a fun night and interesting to see all of the memorabilia they had displayed.

The Hancocks are flying out tomorrow, so I spent the morning with them playing cards and watching tv. It has been so nice to have family here. I love my family. And not just because they give me all of their left over food when they leave to go back home :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear all is going well, and that you enjoyed having some family there. I wish it was me there. I'd like to meet this Travis person who puts the smile on your face. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could visit sometime too Mom! You need to meet Travis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this blog? i have never heard of it miss lindsea marene! but, it looks like you are enjoying FLoooooor-i-da. thats good. :) and what is the lion king show? it sounds sweet!!!
    well love ya!! have fun
    -whitni

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is because it started out as my running log, so it was only for me to see lol. Then when I slacked off of running, I decided to use it as my journal, which I really didn't think people would find interesting :) Love ya too Whit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would Ma need to meet Travis? Don't you want her to meet all your friends? Why is he any different??? Maybe we shoulda come down there for Turkey Day instead of Utar. I think it is up to YOU to give her a reason to meet "T". Pa

    ReplyDelete