Friday, May 28, 2010

Road Trip






Wednesday was practically perfect in every way. In the morning Travis decided we needed to drive to Jacksonville so he could show me his old haunts there. I saw his old house and the place he used to work at, which had go-carts and games. I dominated at Dance Dance Revolution, kinda ironic since I inherited Grandma Helen's two left feet. And after I convinced Travis that the photo booths don't cost $10, we took some classic photos. Oh, and I beat him around the track a few times :)

We drove home via St. Augustine + Travis pulled out the 'Amazing Boyfriend' trick = we climbed to the top of the lighthouse there! That means we have 2 lighthouses crossed off our list, though I would love to go back to it. Being on top of the lighthouse was as close as I can get to being on a mountain in Florida. I loved being able to see so much of the ocean, city and beaches. We both decided we would have to spend more time in St. Augustine.

Then we went to Daytona. I didn't know they had such a cool motorcycle shopping area, but DUH! It's Daytona. It shouldn't have surprised me. We will go back there again (preferably when the shops are open this time).

Overall, it was a relaxing, spontaneous and enjoyable day. Random road trips are something I always love doing so it is exciting that Travis is up for them too :) We had some good talks and just enjoyed each other's company. A good day!

3 comments:

  1. Let me get this straight- YOU and ROAD TRIPS??? All I can say is you must like the company you are keeping better than those that used to drag you around. Glad it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds so fun. A lighthouse, what could be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! It makes me want to do something exciting and spontaneous. Hearing about the lighthouse reminds me how much I miss ocean beaches!

    ReplyDelete