Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Benches

I have learned that it doesn't matter how stupid you look, at least while you are exercising. :) I decided I needed to add more strength training into my running to mix it up a little more. So today I looked like an idiot. I was at the park and used the benches to do my chair dips and squating leg lifts. Thankfully it was stormy and rainy, meaning there weren't a lot of people at the park. I ran 4 miles, but I stopped after 2 miles for 8 minutes to do the exercises. Today wasn't a PR kind of day, but my time was decent. 4 miles in 39 minutes. That is after taking out the 8 min of exercise time :)

I have realized that I need to eat better. It's not like I eat a lot, but the past 4 days I have been eating junk. That is what I am focusing on the next few days to see if I can get myself off of this plateau.

All in all, a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, at least you were using park benches, the other day I was at the laundry mat doing pushups agains a washing machine:)

    ReplyDelete