Thursday, August 6, 2009

Benedryl.... oh sweet benedryl

I'm trying to decide if I like benedryl. I don't like the doped up feeling, but being able to sleep through the itchiness of the rash I have is wonderful. The other night as I laid down my throat started hurting. And not the burning or itchy feeling that comes with a cold. It was like my throat was being torn out of my body. The next morning I went to work, but the feeling still lingered, though not as strong. That night after work I noticed huge red welts all over my chest, arms and feet and my throat was starting to close up. Trying not to panic, I went to Walmart to buy some benedryl praying that it would work so I wouldn't have to go to the hospital. It kept the swelling and rash from continuing but I was still covered in it. I had to call in sick yesterday at work, and I have never done that before. Not even when I got surgery the day before. I still have no clue what caused the reaction, and even started breaking out again last night. I asked my brother Nick for a blessing and he came right over. I know I will get better, but it is not fun dealing with it now, especially since I don't have the luxury of sleeping tonight because I work the night shift. Oh well :) Life goes on. Enough of my complaining. So that is where I'm at. I think I like benedryl.

2 comments:

  1. That's my baby....the drug addict! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha so not an addict! I'm on steroids and claritin now though...moving on up! ;)

    ReplyDelete